Recent Storm Damage Posts

How to Avoid a Disaster During a Power Outage

11/12/2020 (Permalink)

Candle melted close to wick Use these best practices during power outages!

It’s important to prepare for and protect our Santa Cruz County homes, businesses and families during power outages as the winter months approach, as many hazards can go unnoticed.

Candles left unattended can quickly turn into a tragedy, possibly creating a structure fire. The safer option would be utilizing flashlights or other battery-operated lighting options that avoid the presence of an open flame. This means keep extra batteries on hand. If candles are your only option, it is vital to never leave the fire unattended and that the candle is placed in a fireproof holder stationed away from any flammable materials and or drafts.

Fire hazards are not the only disaster lurking during power outages. Carbon Monoxide poisoning from indoor grills or generators are also extremely dangerous. If these appliances are used in enclosed areas (including homes, garages or sheds), the outcome could be lethal. Carbon Monoxide gas can go unnoticed as it cannot be seen, smelled, nor tasted. A person may not realize they are being poisoned until it’s too late. It is essential to use these items exclusively outside in a well ventilated area and operated according to manufacturer’s instructions.

If you have experienced any fire, soot or property damage to your Santa Cruz County home or business, rest assured our experienced technicians and customer services representatives are here to help 24/7. Please call our office today (831) 457-1997.

When Rains and Storms hit Santa Cruz, SERVPRO of Santa Cruz is ready!

11/8/2019 (Permalink)

Rain falling on rooftop Don't wait to call SERVPRO of Santa Cruz if your home is affected by rain damage.

SERVPRO ofSanta Cruz technicians are highly trained to assist in the restoration of your property after being affected by storm and flood damages. We have specialized equipment and knowledgeable staff ready to dispatch day or night.

Faster Response

Being locally owned and operated allows for a quicker response time with the right resources. Mitigating damages as fast as possible is extremely important, lessening the damage, fighting against further damage, and keeping total restoration costs down.

Resources to Handle Floods and Storms

When winter storms start up in Santa Cruz, we’re one phone call away with access to equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.

Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 831-457-1997.

Don’t let a Power Outage Nuisance Turn into a Disaster

10/11/2019 (Permalink)

Candle burning close to the wick Ensure proper safety measures are taken if candles must be used.

As many of our homes and businesses lose power in Santa Cruz County, it is important to make smart decisions in protecting your property and your family. Unattended candles can quickly make a power outage turn into a disaster, possibly causing a fire at your home. If your power is out, it is a much safer idea to utilize flashlights or other battery-powered fixtures. If candles must be used, it is necessary to ensure the candle is never left unattended and is placed within a fireproof lantern or holder and placed far enough away from anything that has the potential to catch on fire.

In addition to fire hazards, power outages can also create dangers in carbon monoxide poisoning from indoor grills or generators. These items when used in a confined indoor area (including sheds or garages) can be fatal. Carbon monoxide leaks cannot be seen, smelled nor tasted, therefore many do not realize they are being poisoned by its side effects until it is too late. On top of ensuring to use these items exclusively outdoors, it is also a good idea to unplug appliances and keep your property well ventilated to further protect against exposure. 

In the unfortunate event you have experienced fire damage or any other disaster at your property, our highly trained customer services representatives and technicians are here to help; please call our office 24/7 at (831) 457-1997.