If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (831) 457-1997

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Don’t let a Power Outage Nuisance Turn into a Disaster

10/11/2019 (Permalink)

Ensure proper safety measures are taken if candles must be used.

As many of our homes and businesses lose power in Santa Cruz County, it is important to make smart decisions in protecting your property and your family. Unattended candles can quickly make a power outage turn into a disaster, possibly causing a fire at your home. If your power is out, it is a much safer idea to utilize flashlights or other battery-powered fixtures. If candles must be used, it is necessary to ensure the candle is never left unattended and is placed within a fireproof lantern or holder and placed far enough away from anything that has the potential to catch on fire.

In addition to fire hazards, power outages can also create dangers in carbon monoxide poisoning from indoor grills or generators. These items when used in a confined indoor area (including sheds or garages) can be fatal. Carbon monoxide leaks cannot be seen, smelled nor tasted, therefore many do not realize they are being poisoned by its side effects until it is too late. On top of ensuring to use these items exclusively outdoors, it is also a good idea to unplug appliances and keep your property well ventilated to further protect against exposure. 

In the unfortunate event you have experienced fire damage or any other disaster at your property, our highly trained customer services representatives and technicians are here to help; please call our office 24/7 at (831) 457-1997.

Other News

View Recent Posts