SERVPRO of Santa Cruz: Fire Restoration Experts
Soot and smoke are menacing to a one’s health and are dangerous to breathe in. By lingering and permeating within various cavities inside your home, if not cleaned properly soot and smoke will result in hidden odors and damages to your structure and your wellbeing.
At SERVPRO of Santa Cruz, our expert fire technicians are able to accurately assess the severity of damages to develop an all-inclusive plan of action to get your home back to normal.
Smoke and Soot Facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler and higher sections of a structure.
- Smoke travels through plumbing systems, seeping into the small crevices used for pipes to pass from floor to floor.
- It is important to identify the specific origin of the smoke to determine the direction of the restoration process.
Different Categories of Smoke
There are two specific types of smoke–dry and wet. These two categories of smoke result in two unique soot residues after a fire. Prior to the initiation of any cleaning, a test to classify which type of smoke damage is present must be completed. This pretesting will determine what restoration plan is necessary to be implemented. Below is additional information:
Dry Smoke (examples: Wood and Paper)
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Wet Smoke (examples: Rubber and Plastic)
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Nearly invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme overpowering odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Each fire and smoke loss comes with its own distinctive circumstances. Consequently it is essential that each job follow its own specific restoration plan that is tailored for the unique conditions. With the proper knowledge, proficiency, equipment and dedication in which SERVPRO of Santa Cruz showcases through every job, you can be reassured that your home is in good hands. Our main goal is to make a stressful time easier to cope for you and your family.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 831-457-1997