Santa Cruz County - Be Prepared when Storms Strike!
As Santa Cruz County comes closer to the anniversary of the tragic 2020 CZU Wildfire, it is important to remind ourselves how to stay prepared for potential Dry Lightning storms or any emergency. Being prepared for anything will help you and your loved ones stay calm in stressful situations. Below are some items to keep readily accessible in emergency situations:
- Water (one gallon per person per day for several days, for drinking and sanitation)
- Food (at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food)
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert
- First aid kit
- Extra batteries
- Whistle (to signal for help)
- Dust mask (to help filter contaminated air)
- Plastic sheeting and duct tape (to shelter in place)
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties (for personal sanitation)
- Wrench or pliers (to turn off utilities)
- Manual can opener (for food)
- Local maps
- Cell phone with chargers and a backup battery
Contact SERVPRO of Santa Cruz at (831) 457-1997 for fire or water mitigation services as soon as possible and our trained technicians will respond with urgency!